Study in Australia
Studying in Australia can be both the perfect path to your dream job, and a great stepping stone to migrating permanently. At PocketLegal, we not only handle your student visa from start to finish, but we can also advise on migration pathways beyond your education. We can also add your partner and children to your student visa, making studying in Australia with your family easier than ever.
What can I do with a student visa?
Student visas allow you to stay and study in Australia for up to five years, depending on the length of your course. You will also be able to work for 20 hours a week while studying, and full-time when your course is not in session.
You can use a student visa to study a professional course of choice that will advance your career, or to study English and improve your ability to apply for other visas. If you’re looking to stay in Australia permanently once your study is complete, we can help you get there.
What requirements must I meet to qualify for a student visa?
There are a number of criteria you must meet before you can receive a student visa. If these requirements sound complicated, don’t worry – our Migration Agents will walk you through step by step.
To be granted a student visa, you will need to:
- Provide confirmation or enrolment, or letter of offer from your education provider
- Prove that you are a “Genuine Temporary Entrant.” This means you must show the Department that you intend to return home once your studies are complete.
- Show evidence of sufficient funds to cover tuition fees, travel expenses, and living costs for the length of your studies. The exact amount required will depend on the country you are from, and course you have chosen
- Meet Australian health requirements
- Meet Australian character requirements
- Obtain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
Our Education Agents
Our education agents can assist with course and school selection, organising your student visa and OSHC insurance. Popular courses include business administration, IT, engineering, health and medicine, teaching and education, health and wellbeing, fitness and sport, and more. See here for more information about our education agent services.