Partner Visas

Partner Visas

Significant Changes to the Process Announced for 2019

There’s nothing more important than spending time with the ones you love. At PocketLegal, we understand how important it is for you and your children, to join your partner in Australia permanently and as quickly as possible. Whether you are married, de facto, or in a same-sex relationship, our expert migration agents will handle your partner visa in Sydney or Melbourne end to end, so you can stay in Australia without the worry.

Important Notice
Important changes are coming to the partner visa application process. This will have a significant impact on applications lodged onshore.

Read more about these changes here.

Is a Partner Visa right for me?

In order to apply for this kind of visa, either you or your partner must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
As well as this, your partner and yourself must either be:

  • Married;
  • In a de facto relationship, or;
  • Intending to marry shortly

If you don’t meet these requirements, but are currently employed by an Australian business, then consider applying for a sponsored work visa while your relationship progresses.

Can I include my children in a Partner Visa?

If you have children aged under 17 years of age, they can be included in your partner visa. Children aged 18 years or older, can be included if they remain dependent on you. We can help you demonstrate this in your application.

Popular Visas

DeFacto Partner Visa

If you and your partner are de facto, you can apply for a partner visa on that basis. You will need to must meet the specific eligibility requirements for a de facto relationship.

Onshore Partner

Stay with your partner in Australia permanently. Lodging whilst you’re both in Australia means means you can start your life together here, even while your visa is being processed. Partner visas can often take up to two years to process, so our migration agents can help you apply for working and travel rights while you wait.

Offshore Partner

If your partner is unable to travel to Australia, or isn’t ready to move just yet, you can apply for an offshore partner visa. Your partner must be outside Australia when you apply for the visa, and also when the visa is granted.


Prospective Marriage

What if you and your partner are about to get married? The prospective marriage visa is a temporary nine month visa that will let you and your partner reunite in Australia before the ceremony. You will need to have made arrangements for the marriage before you apply, but the wedding does not need to be in Australia.


Make an Enquiry