(02) 8385 1451

Graduate Visas

You’ve finished a professional course in Australia, and you want to stay. We will find the best migration pathway for you to begin your career. Our migration lawyers in Sydney will handle your temporary graduate visa, and can assess your suitability for permanent options, such as sponsored work visas and skilled independent visas.

The Graduate Temporary Visa (subclass 485) allows you to live and work in Australia for up to 4 more years once your student visa has ended. After this, you may be able to transition to other options.

Is a Graduate visa right for me?

A graduate visa will be right for you if you have a recently graduated from a professional course in Australia, and your qualification is either:

  • A higher education degree; or
  • Related to an occupation on the skilled occupation list. Don’t worry, we’ll help you find the occupation that best fits your qualifications.

As well as this, you’ll also need to:

  • Currently hold an eligible student visa; and
  • Be under 50 years of age

If you don’t meet these requirements, we will help you find and apply for a different visa that better fits your life situation.

Student Visas

Studying in Australia can be both the perfect path to your dream job, and a great stepping stone to migrating permanently. At PocketLegal, we not only handle your student visa from start to finish, but we can also advise on migration pathways beyond your education. We can also add your partner and children to your student visa, making studying in Australia with your family easier than ever.

What can I do with a student visa?

Student visas allow you to stay and study in Australia for up to five years, depending on the length of your course. You will also be able to work for 20 hours a week while studying, and full-time when your course is not in session.

You can use a student visa to study a professional course of choice that will advance your career, or to study English and improve your ability to apply for other visas. If you’re looking to stay in Australia permanently once your study is complete, we can help you get there.

Sydney Office

162 Redfern Street
Redfern 2016

Located 5 mins from Redfern Station, and less than 1km from the Department of Immigration.