PocketLegal Pty Ltd (ABN 44 161 407 405) (PocketLegal or We/we or Our/our or Us/us) is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information.
Our online properties (here and after, each a “Website”), including:
- Our websites, including, but not limited to http://www.thespotteddog.net.au/pl;
- Or any related PocketLegal or client website, social media page, internal website, intranet and any PocketLegal or client mobile or tablet applications;
- personal information provided to us by our clients and customers and personal information collected by us on behalf of our clients and customers as a result of the provision of professional services to our clients and customers; and
- any other means through which an individual provides personal information to PocketLegal and its clients, including either physically or electronically.
Personal information is important to PocketLegal
- PocketLegal is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognises that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, PocketLegal will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
- Where practicable, we will allow you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. If this is practicable, our Collection Channels will only seek information in this way. However, where it is not practicable for the purposes for which information is collected, we will seek the information identified below.
Personal information that may be requested or collected by us includes:
- contact information such as your full name, date of birth, telephone number, mobile telephone number, current and valid email address, residential address and postcode;
- social media account usernames;
- information about your employment history;
- information regarding your personal and professional interests;
- information about your education and qualifications;
- documents relating to your employment;
- enquiry and complaint details;
- information regarding your relationship history with PocketLegal and its clients;
- information about your experience with our products or services or third party products or services listed on a Website. This information is requested in order to tailor our subsequent communications to you and continuously improve our products and services;
- the contact details of third parties (including, but not limited to, personal references). If you are asked to provide details about other people, please ensure that these individuals are happy for their details to be given to PocketLegal and used for the purposes set out in this policy (which may include using their details for marketing purposes);
- any other personal information requested or required by a Collection Channel.
- We will only collect sensitive information with your consent. Where you provide us with any sensitive information (including, but not limited to, information about your racial or ethnic origin, criminal record, religious affiliation, political opinions, sexual orientation and/or medical history) we will only use this information for the purposes stated on the Collection Channel.
- Personal information may be collected (and combined) via our Collection Channels if you:
- provide your details to us or our clients via any Collection Channel;
- subscribe to any newsletters, updates, alerts or news and media releases, or request information about our products or services or other information services as well as third party products or services;
- conspicuously publish or provide on request your personal information;
- complete and submit any forms or surveys to us or our clients, either physically or electronically;
- participate in any competitions, offers, promotions or marketing activities;
- provide us with any reviews;
- contact us or our clients directly in person or via any medium including mail, telephone, social media and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) including via the contact details listed on a Website;
- interact with a Website for a specific purpose; or
- interact with or browse a Website generally.
- Personal information is requested in order to consider and respond to your employment application or enquiry and to facilitate and/or provide you with certain content, products or services, and information about such content, products or services (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website), marketing materials, newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), news and media releases / launch information, and also to advise you of other PocketLegal, client or third party products, services, offers, competitions or events which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in PocketLegal or its clients being unable to consider your employment application and/or to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, products or services information, upcoming promotion, competition, offer or event information or accept competition entries (where applicable).
- We may also obtain your personal information from legitimate third party sources including our clients and other data providers or organisations that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or you have given permission for them to do so.
- Personal information will not be collected by any person who is known by PocketLegal to be under the age of fifteen (15) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under age fifteen (15) may only use our Websites with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
- As with many commercial websites, PocketLegal and its clients may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our Websites. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a Website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a Website is accessed via links in an email we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a Website. By accessing a Website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a Website generally, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
- Our Websites may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information or personal information from various third party sources, including as described in paragraph 15, to provide better service to Website visitors and users, customise a Website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve a Website for your use. We may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with personally identifiable information from time to time in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a Website, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
- For more information about cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com.au/.
- Personal information collected will be collected, used and/or disclosed for the following primary purposes:
- For the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement on a particular Collection Channel.
- To consider and/or respond to employment applications and enquiries.
- To provide you with information about your transactions (including uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website), content, services and products, to provide direct marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
- To maintain our relationship with you.
- To render services related to PocketLegal.
- To manage your employment with PocketLegal (if applicable).
- To conduct competitions, offers, promotions and/or marketing activities on behalf of PocketLegal or our clients and customers.
- To respond to enquiries and complaints.
- To share personal information with PocketLegal group companies, our promotional partners and other trusted third parties in the manner described below.
- To collect, hold, use and disclose personal information as stated above, for the purpose of providing professional services to our clients and customers.
- For the purposes described above, personal information may be shared with PocketLegal group companies, PocketLegal promotional partners and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents) either in Australia or overseas. Failure to provide personal information may result in PocketLegal or its clients being unable to provide you with certain content, information, upcoming promotion, event or product information and/or accept promotion entries (where applicable).
- In order to operate a Website or deliver a service, personal information may also be shared with PocketLegal group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties either in Australia or overseas countries. PocketLegal group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged by PocketLegal to perform a variety of functions, such as data storage, fulfilling orders, assisting with surveys or promotions and providing technical services for our Websites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions.
- PocketLegal group companies (and their directors, servants and agents), PocketLegal promotional partners or trusted third parties (and other selected service providers and other non-PocketLegal companies or professionals) either in Australia or overseas, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above
- Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, PocketLegal may send you non-commercial “Administrative Emails”. Administrative Emails relate to a PocketLegal user account and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular PocketLegal user account. If you do not wish to receive such communications from PocketLegal, you may remove your name from the database by utilising the functional unsubscribe facility (if applicable) or by contacting PocketLegal via email: firstname.lastname@example.org/pl or telephone: +61 (02) 8385 1451.
- PocketLegal may provide areas on a Website where you can upload user-generated content, post or provide information about yourself, communicate with other users, provide reviews for content, products and/or services or interact with or vote on particular content. This information may be shared with others and may be publically posted on our Websites, including without limitation, other social media platforms and other public forums in which you choose to participate. This information may become publically available and may be read, collected and used by others outside of our Websites. PocketLegal is not responsible for the conduct of others who may read, collect and use this information.
- You have the right to access and review your personal information that may be recorded on PocketLegal database. Information may be reviewed by contacting PocketLegal’s privacy officer via email: email@example.com/pl or telephone: +61 (02) 8385 1451. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
- Information contained on the database may be amended, or your preferences for contact from us changed, by contacting PocketLegal’s privacy officer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org/pl or telephone: +61 (02) 8385 1451. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
- In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in PocketLegal and its clients being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website), other content, services or product information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain content, goods or services.
- We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
- PocketLegal will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded, and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers. In some cases these facilities may be overseas.
- In some cases, PocketLegal may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. PocketLegal employees, data processors and other trusted third parties are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by PocketLegal. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. PocketLegal will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
- Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. PocketLegal is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Websites.
The Privacy Officer
162 Redfern St
Redfern NSW 2016
+ 61 2 8385 1451
Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed. If you do not receive a satisfactory response from PocketLegal to your query, problem or complaint within 30 days, you may refer your query, problem or complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page.